There are three types of licenses available in the U.A.E. which allow medical professionals to practice medicine in healthcare facilities within the whole country and four different healthcare regulatory bodies which are responsible for licensing of medical facilities.
The Health Authority Abu Dhabi (HAAD) is the regulative body of the Healthcare Sector in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and ensures excellence in Healthcare for the community by monitoring the health status of the population. HAAD defines the strategy for the health system, monitors and analyses the health status of the population and performance of the system. In addition HAAD shapes the regulatory framework for the health system, inspects against regulations, enforce standards, and encourages adoption of world – class best practices and performance targets by all healthcare service providers in the Emirate. By obtaining the HAAD license, medical professionals are eligible to work in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) was created, in June 2007 with an expanded vision to include strategic oversight for the complete health sector in Dubai and enhance private sector engagement. The DHA’s aim in Dubai is to provide an accessible, effective and integrated healthcare system, protect public health and improve the quality of life within the Emirate.
Ministry of Health – MOH entitles the holder to practice medicine in Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Umm al Quwain or Ras Al Khaimah, but not in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain or Dubai.
We bring you hustle free services that will allow you to sit and relax while we take care of any requirement that you have. Does not matter if you are a medical facility of medical professional, VCMS offers you A to Z set of services.
- New licensing or re-licensing license renewal
- Changing owner
- Adding or deleting healthcare’s facility owners changing type
- Add specialty/authorization for home care services to a health facility
- Changing the plan of healthcare facility licensing
- Changing the name or the location
- Insurance registration
- Request for controlled medication prescription book
- License replacement for preliminary approval/ permanent License
- Cancellation of ‘Home Care Services’ and/or specialty from a health facility
- Requesting the narcotic prescription books
- Preparation of pre-inspection quality assurance policies according to the HAAD regulations
All health professionals are required to obtain their license prior to practicing in any healthcare facility within the United Arab of Emirates. The license must be current and valid at all time during the clinical practice of the health professional. Vision Care Medical Services is handling all HAAD/DHA/MOH and DHCC formalities for healthcare professionals including:
- Licensing the health professionals
- Credentialing and examination
- Processing of data flow applications
- Registration of health professionals
- Health professional’s title change
- Health professional’s re-registration
- Health professional’s license renewal
- Health professional’s license transfer to another facility
- Health professional’s license cancellation
- Hospital services request
- Health professional’s good standing certificate
- Health professional’s license re-issuance
All healthcare professional applying for any of the license packages need to submit all requested documents to “Vision Care Health Treatment Undertaking Services L.L.C.” within 1 month of receiving the requested documentation requirements after purchasing the package.
The requirements are not the same for obtaining each license, so please consult with our licensing officer regarding your eligibility and different requirements for 4 licensing packages.